Since we homeschool, projects usually have to wait until summer break. Things like painting, huge decluttering sessions, home improvements, etc.
A couple of summer’s ago, I refinished my oak dining room table. Last summer I began the Kon Mari Method of decluttering and simplifying. This summer is no different. I have several things on my project list! Here are some of those things, and I don’t know if I’ll even be able to complete them all!
- Major Basement Declutter…this in and of itself is a HUGE job. Our basement has become a catch all…and is really in bad shape. I can’t wait to get it cleared out!
- Move the toddler out of our bedroom and into her sister’s. This means a new bed (hopefully a trundle) for them to share, and some rearranging of dressers and chest of drawers.
- Potty training the toddler completely. (Since the toddler was just mentioned, I figured I’d add this one in! She is close to being finished, but still not 100%).
- Kitchen Declutter, paint, and fix some minor cabinet issues.
- Bathroom remodel (this one is mostly being hired out).
- New Entry Doors.
- Landscaping has been framed already, but now plants need to go in.
- Make a head board for our bed.
Those are JUST the house projects! Other projects include:
- Sell baby items.
- Price, list and sell old curriculum. I also have a curriculum sale I’m going to that will help with this.
- Purchase the rest of the curriculum for next year.
- Write up lesson plans for our homeschool next year.
- Make a working schedule for our school year.
- Create a better chore system with earned money.
- Create a better bedtime routine for the youngest children.
Something that I MUST do in the midst of all these projects is to remember to HAVE FUN on the summer break….things like swimming, going to the zoo, weekend getaways, summer camps, a family vacation, Royals games, and art days are planned. Sometimes in the busyness of the summer projects, I can forget to stop the work, and have fun with the kids. This year, I want to be different. Memories are waiting to be made, relationships are longing to be built, joy is ready to be had.
What are your summer plans? Projects you’d like to complete? FUN you want to do?